Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Thrillin' memories

Maybe it's not considered cool to be in your thirties and still attempt to moonwalk with the first notes of "Billie Jean" or have a few Michael Jackson cds lying around your car's back seat, but I don't give a shit. Leavin' all the "You are not alone" crap aside (sorry, I could yawn forever with this one and some others I must admit), Michael Jackson was one of the artists that have kept me company with their music from the age of 3 until today and is also one of the few artists that can time travel me - I can honestly feel, smell and see the world through my 10-year-old self when I chill with the songs I used to love back then - and I loved them.

I ain't gonna talk about his achievements, cause I don't really care that "Thriller", for example, is the best-selling album of all time - I would have loved it anyway. What I want to say is that I carry a pretty heavy music luggage my whole life, which is getting bigger and bigger as I grow and still consider music as the greatest part of my essence. And this luggage has one hell of a lot of Michael Jackson in it.




                                             



Such music and feeling couldn't of course leave today's producers untouched.




So here's to Michael Jackson who's done his part on the world's music history, who has spent almost 45 of his 50 years of life singing or putting notes together, who's managed to get us off the chairs and start dancing like we never did before secretly in our rooms and who sadly left us 4 years ago, while we were still trying to capture the perfect moonwalk to his sounds.

tracks' info:
-Beat it
Thriller 
Epic 1982

-Baby be mine
Thriller
Epic 1982

-Ain't no sunshine
Got to be there
Motown 1972

-Pretty young thing
Thriller 
Epic 1982

-Rock with you
Off the wall
Epic 1979

-Off the wall
Off the wall 
Epic 1979

-Take me back (Regrooved)
Michael Jackson Regrooved
Goodgroove Records 2009

-Off the wall (house remix 2012)
2012

-Baby be mine (Boxed riot edit)
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...