Saturday, June 08, 2013

1979 man!

I always thought 1979 was da year. Apart from the fact that me and most of my favorite people were born back then (waaaay back then), it was the year that gave me some of my favorite classics like McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't no stoppin' us now, Chic - Good times, Positive force - We got the funk, Isley brothers - It's a disco night, Ashford & Simpson - Found a cure, Donna Summer - Bad girls, Michael Jackson - Off the wall, Gene Chandler - When you 're #1, GQ - Disco nights, Delegation - Heartache No.9, Stargard - Wear it out and hundreds of others that I can't exactly organize in my mind and put down right now.

Recently, I heard a track that I've never heard before and proved me right once again.


Holy shit!

tracks' info:
-Mascara - It's cool 
See you in L.A.
Mercury 1979

-McFadden & Whitehead - Ain't no stoppin' us now
McFadden & Whitehead
Philadelphia International Records 1979

-Chic - Good times
Risqué
Atlantic 1979

-Positive Force - We got the funk 
Turbo Records 1979

-Isley Brothers - It's a disco night
Winner takes all
Epic 1979

-Ashford & Simpson - Found a cure
 Stay free
Warner Bros. Records 1979

-Donna Summer - Bad girls
Bad Girls
Casablanca Records 1979

-Michael Jackson - Off the wall
Off the wall
Epic 1979

-Gene Chandler - When you're #1
When you're #1
20th Century Fox Records 1979

-GQ - Disco nights
Disco nights
Arista 1979

-Delegation - Heartache No.9
Eau de vie
Ariola 1979

-Stargard - Wear it out
The changing of the gard
Warner Bros. Records 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...