Monday, July 01, 2013

Sax it up

photo by Helen Cassidy
It may be absolutely pointless, but sometimes when I listen to music I try to figure out which instrument is more important for the well-being of my ears. Can't seem to be able to decide on that, at least not in a permanent basis. I can't imagine a track without a kickin' bassline, but I can't help but fallin' for a few piano chords or sax inspirations, especially when they magically match the rest of the track. It's like bass is my mate, but I 'm secretely having an affair with the saxophone and can just as easily fall for a mellow guitar riff, a smooth piano part or a sexy drum beat. Kinda slutty, I know. That's why I chose saxophone - for today...

Some sax favorites off the top of my head.



Brad Shitt - Casbah breakdown
The ultimate goose bump

Wilton Felder (feat. Bobby Womack) - Inherit the wind (The revenge rework) 
Sexy sax

Skingz - Just for your love
This love is pretty saxy

Danny Hybrid & the Nufunk Allstars - Green Groove (Part 1 &2)
Part 1: sax and part 2: piano. What more can I ask for?

Jask presents the Thaisoul Orchestra - Jack's theme
Don't faint just yet

Physics - 7 a.m. sessions
Standard for an early a.m. situation

St. Germain - Rose Rouge
Along with the trumpet, it can kill you

tracks' info:
-Brad Shitt - Casbah breakdown
 Better Days Records 2009

-Wilton Felder (feat. Bobby Womack) - Inherit the wind (The revenge rework)
L.E.S.S. Productions 2008

-
Skingz - Just for your love

Just for your love EP
2009

-Danny Hybrid & the Nufunk Allstars - Green Groove (Part 1 &2)
 A wild mad 
Nufunk Records 2006

-Jask presents the Thaisoul Orchestra - Jack's theme
Soulfuric Deep 2000

-Physics - 7 a.m. sessions
Deeplay Music 2001

-St. Germain - Rose Rouge 
Tourist
Blue Note 2000 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...