Saturday, March 01, 2014

Temptations phase

The Temptations have always been a part of the musical me since an early age, you know, when "My Girl" became a hit for us kids back in 1991 with the homonymous movie. I would really love it if I was born back in the '60s or earlier to catch these kind of tunes real-time, but then again I'd be like 50+ years old now and I would probably have no idea what an edit or a filter is. This is compensate thinking. I have a lot of those.

The previous week I attended a dance workshop concerning dances from an even older time, from the '20s-'30's era with Stephen Sayer and Chandrae Roettig. During a party, these two amazing dancers, decided to dance smooth style lindy to THIS!



To catch a tune like that in a swing party (where I must say, as much as I love lindy hop, swing music isn't givin' me the chills) meant a complete and utter inner explosion. In addition to this, watching Steve&Chanzie dancing to it like that, really finished me off. Enjoy their dance here.

Bottom line: my heart belongs to disco, but my soul definitely goes with soul - and my feet with lindy hop. Weird. I know.

track's info:
The Temptations - I want a love I can see
Meet the Temptations
Gordy/Motown 1964


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...