Thursday, November 28, 2013

Eastern groove

In the past 100 posts of this blog, we've discovered and listened to music from around the world, from artists and producers spread around the globe, putting notes and loops together for us to bang our heads, sway, share with our loved ones, create memories with, feel. Artists/producers from the United States to Greece and from Sweden to Australia. But I believe we've never had any references to the land of the rising sun (as I've said before, my memory ability sucks, so I might be talking bullshit here, but I strongly get the feeling that Japanese artists haven't been hosted in here yet. Till now that is.)

Rondenion is one of my beloved ones from the Eastern world, making hypnotic, jazzy, groovy, deep sounds that reach the other end of the world, since 2005. My first clue was a re-edit he has done on DIT - Let's start dancin', while the "Beautiful memory" track finished me off. And then came Mr. Hirofumi Goto's debut album and blew me away. Especially this one (which my ears tell me that samples Deodato - Keep on moving).


Bass, bass, bass, damn it!
Thank you, Rondenion.

track's info:
-Rondenion - Moon Sniper (feat. Shigeo Nakano)
Luster Grand Hotel
Rοundabout Sounds/Plug Research 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...