Thursday, August 01, 2013

The possessed post

Last night I attended a very intense concert, one that I 've been reading about over the past years, but never got the chance to see. Yesterday was my time to live through the experience of Roger Waters' The Wall live and I can honestly say I still get goose bumps when I think about all the symbolisms presented and how skillfully combined they all were with the masterpieces that were performed either in front or behind the glorious wall.

I'm not the classic Floyd fan (surprise), but I believe I can appreciate the greatness of music wherever I can catch it, even if it is not in my standard influences. I can say I feel even more the superbness of compositions and music inspirations, when I get carried away by music pieces and genres that are not included in my everyday playlist.

Obviously, The Wall live was too intense for this disco gal and that's probably why today my lips hurt as I bit them and bit them to block the emotion that would end up in tears and would make a fool of myself to the enthusiastic crowd around me, as it was enjoying "Run like hell" (this is their disco track as Nick Mason has once said ironically, after producer Bob Ezrin suggested to use a disco beat on this one), "Comfortably numb", "Mother", "Hey you", "Another brick in the wall", while I was about to cry like a baby, moved from the references on capitalism, fascism, war and the victims of all of the above.

I don't know where all these came from. I logged in today to post something about the instrumental version of McFadden and Whitehead's Ain't no stoppin' us now by Dj Butcher, probably giving it a greater sense than what it represents, a revolutionary sense, influenced from yesterday's symbolisms. But instead, my brain ordered my typing fingers otherwise. Looks like I smashed my own wall and jumped to the other side, just for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...